We work with you to achieve improved asthma control in your patients.
This referral service will cover:
- Understanding prescribed medication and when to take it
- Asthma basic facts
- Asthma symptoms
- How to recognise worsening asthma
- Checking of device technique
- Asthma management goal setting
- Working to improve Asthma control using the validated Asthma Control Test.
Who can be referred
All patients with asthma can be referred to the service, free of charge.
The service may be particularly useful for patients that are recently diagnosed, recently hospitalised, and people with poor/partial asthma control who are having difficulties managing their asthma.
We also offer an Asthma and COPD service for those in rural and regional West Australia. Click here to find out more.
1800 ASTHMA ( 1800 278 462)
You can now refer your asthma patients to Asthma Foundation’s 1800 ASTHMA Service for additional, quality advice and support.
Your patient will receive a phone call (within two working days of referral) from one of our Foundation staff to discuss their asthma control and any issues with them.