Over 2.7 million Australians live with asthma and many struggle with their breathing every day. You can help make a lasting difference by leaving a gift in your Will to Asthma WA and help future generations in WA breathe better.
A bequest could help fund vital projects including:
- Ensuring our Paediatric Respiratory Hub can keep providing the life-changing assessment, diagnosis and tailored education for young children with asthma and other respiratory conditions
- The expansion of Asthma WA’s free education and training programs
- The sustainability of our free services for all Western Australians in person or remotely
- Investment in technology to assist us reach people throughout the state.
Our Legacy Leaders
It’s a common misconception that leaving a gift in your Will is only for the rich and famous. In fact, most bequests come from ordinary people who want to leave a positive legacy for the next generation. Our Legacy Leaders come from all walks of life. Some have been affected directly by asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Others have had to watch and support their loved ones who couldn’t ‘just breathe’.
All our Legacy Leaders have one thing in common; they want to help Western Australians breathe better now, and for generations to come.
Type of gift
There are varying types of gifts you can bequest.
- Specific gift – a nominated and specified gift. This can be identifiable as financial funds, stocks/shares, property, art, furniture, jewellery etc
- Pecuniary gift – a specific sum of money nominated by you
- Percentage gift – a percentage of your estate
- Residual gift – The balance of your estate after all other obligations have been met
Making a gift in memory
If someone close to you has passed away and they liked to support people with asthma and/or COPD or the work we do at Asthma WA, you may wish to make a donation to Asthma WA in their memory.
How to become an Asthma WA Legacy Leader
We recommend discussing any changes to, or the creation of your Will with a lawyer and your family first. If you would like more information to discuss with your loved ones and your lawyer, you can download our Legacy Leaders brochure.
If you would like to talk in person and in confidence about Wills in general, please get in touch with our Bequest Team by calling (08) 9289 3600, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the form below.