Your legacy can improve the lives of people with asthma
Over 2 million Australians currently live with asthma and many struggle with breathing every day. You can make a lasting difference by making a bequest to Asthma WA that will help future generations breathe easier.
Bequest gifts to Asthma WA help us to continue to educate and empower West Australians to take control of their asthma. Currently, 1 person dies from asthma every fortnight in Western Australia. Our goal is to reduce this to zero.
A bequest gift could fund projects including:
- The next life-saving research project that makes new discoveries in the treatment of asthma or even finds a cure for asthma;
- A new initiative to improve quality of life for people with asthma;
- The expansion of Asthma WA’s education and training programs;
- Services for people at the higher risk of asthma: children, elderly, homeless, and Indigenous Australians.
What is a Bequest?
A bequest is the gift that keeps on giving long after you are able to do so personally. It enables you to leave a legacy that reflects the compassion you showed in your lifetime, and honours the causes close to your heart.
There are many different forms of bequest:
- An outright gift of a specific amount
- A percentage of the overall value of your estate
- Personal property or investments (stocks, bonds, artwork)
- Real estate proceeds
- A residual gift (ie. the balance of your estate after all other obligations have been met)
- Any combination of the above
How to include Asthma WA in my Will
If you already have a Will, you can add a bequest to Asthma WA with a simple amendment. We do not provide legal advice and it is important to speak with your Solicitor or Trust Advisor in the first instance.
If you would like further information about leaving a bequest to Asthma WA or to submit an expression of interest, please fill out the form below and let us know how we can best provide you with information and answer any questions you may have about making a bequest. Or if you would rather, please call our office on 9289 3600 and ask to speak personally with our CEO about a bequest.