Registered Nurse – Education role
We are seeking an energetic and resourceful Registered Nurse who is passionate about helping people with asthma and related respiratory conditions to breathe better.
Reporting to the Manager, Learning and Development, the RN Clinical Educator works to ensure high quality health education service delivery across Asthma WA’s Health Services. Working as part of our small team, this role is involved in implementing a range of respiratory health education services to internal and external stakeholders.
The key focus of this position is to provide quality asthma and COPD education and support to consumers, stakeholders and staff. This includes group and individual education, as well as utilising video conferencing to ensure access and equity for people living in rural and remote WA.
This is a permanent part-time role, with flexible hours and working conditions.
Key functions of the role
For the key responsibilities and requirements of the role, please access the Position Description here.
Registered Nurse with Current AHPRA Registration
- Demonstrated clinical expertise and knowledge of respiratory conditions, especially asthma and COPD
- Demonstrated ability to practice in accordance with the Registered Nurse Standards of Practice and Codes of Ethics for Nurses
- Practices with a patient centred and holistic care approach
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to undertake education and training, presenting to a variety of audiences eg: community groups, health professionals, one/one education
- Ability to make and maintain stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally
- Computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office, and experience using Record Management systems and My Health Record
- Must be a non-smoker
Employees of Asthma WA are required to demonstrate commitment to Asthma WA values and behaviours, policies and processes.
How to Apply:
Only qualified and experienced applicants should apply.
If you meet the essential criteria above, apply now through the Seek website. The following should be included in your application;
- cover letter addressing the essential criteria
- current resume including two recent work-related referees
Shortlisting will commence immediately so please submit your application as soon as possible.
To arrange a confidential conversation regarding the role, please email email@example.com