Respiratory Health Educator, part-time
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and confident community educator who is passionate about helping people with asthma and related respiratory conditions. This is a part-time – 3 day per week role.
Reporting to the General Manager – Health Services, you will work as part of a small, experienced team, providing individual and group education to people with asthma and COPD and their carers, community groups and health professionals. You will develop relationships, undertake community engagement, and support our target groups; including seniors, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and multicultural groups.
To be successful in this position, you must have a tertiary qualification, current knowledge of health and chronic conditions, and recent experience delivering education in a community setting.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Deliver evidence-based asthma and COPD information, education and support internally and externally to a range of stakeholders including community groups, school and health professionals
- Provide one on one education to people with asthma/COPD and their carers
- Develop working relationships to create referral pathways and better support target groups including; seniors, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and multicultural groups
- Promote respiratory health awareness
- Assist in the development and implementation of robust evaluation processes to assess impact, outcomes and efficacy of service delivery
How to Apply:
Only qualified and experienced applicants should apply.
If you meet the essential criteria detailed in the position description, APPLY NOW via our Seek advertisement. The following should be included in your application;
- cover letter addressing the essential criteria
- current resume including two recent work-related references
Applications close 9am Monday 18th January 2021.
Shortlisting will commence immediately so please submit your application as soon as possible.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org