Asthma WA offers a range of free information sessions and training courses that are designed to educate and inform Health Professionals on asthma and other related respiratory conditions.
Patient Education Referral Service
This service provides additional support for patients to achieve improved asthma outcomes by reinforcing asthma self management as determined by the GP.
We work with you to achieve improved asthma control in your patients.
This referral service will cover:
- Understanding prescribed medication and when to take it
- Asthma basic facts
- Asthma symptoms
- How to recognise worsening asthma
- Checking of device technique
- Asthma management goal setting
- Working to improve Asthma control using the validated Asthma Control Test.
Who can be referred
All patients with asthma can be referred to the service, free of charge.
The service may be particularly useful for patients that are recently diagnosed, recently hospitalised, and people with poor/partial asthma control who are having difficulties managing their asthma.