Over 2.7 million Australians live with asthma and many struggle with their breathing every day. You can help make a lasting difference by leaving a gift in your Will to Asthma WA and help future generations in WA breathe better.
A gift in your Will could help fund vital projects including:
- Ensuring our Children’s Asthma Hub can continue to provide the life-changing assessment, diagnosis and tailored education for young children with asthma and other respiratory conditions
- Providing the correct knowledge and skills to help people breathe easy
- The expansion and sustainability of Asthma WA’s free education and training programs
- Helping people with COPD live well
Our Legacy Leaders
Our Legacy Leaders come from all walks of life. Some have been affected directly by asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Others have had to watch and support their loved ones who couldn’t ‘just breathe’.
All our Legacy Leaders have one thing in common; they want to help West Australians breathe better now, and for generations to come.
Type of gifts
There are varying types of gifts you can leave in your Will.
- Residual gift – the balance of your estate after all other obligations have been met
- Percentage gift – a percentage of your estate
- Pecuniary gift – a specific sum of money nominated by you
- Specific gift – a nominated and specified gift. This can be identifiable as financial funds, stocks/shares, property, art, furniture, jewellery etc
Making a gift in memory
If someone close to you has passed away you may wish to make a donation to Asthma WA in their memory.
You can make your gift one-off or monthly, by donating online. Simply note on the donation in whose memory you are making the gift in honour of and we will do our best to notify their family.
Donate online or, if you would like to discuss your gift in person, call our Community Engagement Team on (08) 9289 3600.
All donations over $2.00 are tax-deductible and receipts will be provided.
Requesting a donation in lieu of flowers
By requesting donations in lieu of flowers you can encourage family, friends, and funeral guests to remember your loved one by making a gift to Asthma WA .
We suggest including the following wording in your loved one’s death notice:
“Donations in lieu of flowers can be made to Asthma WA”
We are sincerely grateful and thank you for choosing to honour your loved one with a gift to Asthma WA.