- Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people with asthma and related respiratory conditions?
- Are you looking to work with a small, close-knit team in a leading Not for Profit organisation?
- 8FTE, flexible conditions, salary packaging and additional leave at Christmas.
We all take breathing for granted – until you can’t. Or you witness someone close to you struggling to breathe.
One in nine Australians have asthma and one in four children will develop the condition in their childhood. It’s likely someone close to you has asthma, but you just don’t talk about it.
If not identified and well managed, asthma can severely affect a person’s quality of life, impacting them physically, socially and emotionally. Symptoms can go from mild to life threatening in a matter of minutes, and worse still, asthma can and does, take the lives of people we love.
Asthma WA is a Western Australian charity that has been providing free tailored education and support programs to the community for more than 55 years. We work with individuals and the community to better understand and manage asthma – helping people to live their best lives with confidence.
Asthma WA is seeking a confident, positive and enthusiastic team member to assist our team in our mission to help people in Western Australia breathe better.
About the Opportunity
Asthma WA has a rewarding opportunity for an experienced Administration Officer to join their team.
Reporting to the Office Manager, this is a 0.8FTE role (over 4 or 5 days) based in our West Perth office.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Supporting the smooth running of services and activities
- Managing referrals, clinic bookings and education session bookings, including Telehealth
- Maintaining efficient and accurate health services databases and recording processes, including Best Practice software
- Attending meetings taking and circulating minutes in an accurate and timely manner
- Providing professional and high quality external and internal written communications
- Assisting with meeting set ups, minutes and communications
- Assisting with Reception duties as required
Essential role requirements
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills across all platforms – email, verbal, etc
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, Outlook, and database systems (Best Practice software experience highly regarded)
- Experience with Medicare billings and processes highly regarded
- Excellent data entry accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous experience in a medical or health-related administration role
- Ability to work effectively, independently and in a team environment
- Possesses a “can do” attitude and be prepared to support the team
- Ability to work to deadlines and proven time management skills
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to learn and motivation to support continuous improvement practices
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must be a non-smoker (including vaping) and fully vaccinated against COVID-19
If you meet the selection criteria, please APPLY NOW. The following should be included in your application;
- Cover letter addressing the essential criteria (addressed to: Angelica Sanchez, Office Manager) including two recent work-related referees.
Applications close Monday 5 December 2022. However, shortlisting will commence immediately so please submit your application as soon as possible.
For further information please email email@example.com.
How to Apply
Only qualified and experienced applicants who meet the selection criteria should apply.
If you meet the essential criteria detailed in the position description, APPLY NOW. Applications close 5pm on Monday 5 December 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
The following should be included in your application:
cover letter addressing the criteria listed in the Position Description
- current resume including two recent work-related referees
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org