Our Asthma and COPD Education sessions are provided FREE for individuals, as well as family members and carers. This service is available during business hours (8.30am-4.30pm, AWST) Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Referrals to the service can be made directly to us via the link below.
Personal Tailored Advice and Education
60-minute one-on-one tailored education sessions across a variety of locations in the metropolitan area as well as rural/remote WA, which cover in-depth asthma education that a GP or medical specialist may not have time to explain. This can take place in person, via telehealth, or by telephone, as best suits our clients’ needs.
Our Respiratory Health Team focus on:
- signs, symptoms and physiology of asthma
- common triggers
- assessing asthma severity and control
- how medications can help manage asthma
- how to use an inhaler, spacer and medications
- understanding and managing individual triggers
- understanding an asthma action plan
- asthma first aid and dealing with an asthma emergency
Are you concerned about the effect of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on your respiratory condition, or that of someone you care for?
Call our COVID-19 Helpline to speak to a Respiratory Health Nurse or Educator, who can help you with your current respiratory condition, as well as provide advice related to the COVID-19 pandemic.