Our Asthma and COPD Education sessions are provided FREE for individuals, as well as family members and carers. This service is available during business hours (8.30am-4.30pm, AWST) Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Referrals to the service can be made directly to us via the link below.
Personal Tailored Support and Education
60-minute one-on-one tailored education sessions across a variety of locations in the metropolitan area as well as rural/remote WA, which cover in-depth asthma education that a GP or medical specialist may not have time to explain. This can take place in person, via telehealth, or by telephone, as best suits our clients’ needs.
Our Respiratory Health Team focus on:
- signs, symptoms and physiology of asthma
- common triggers
- assessing asthma severity and control
- how medications can help manage asthma
- how to use an inhaler, spacer and medications
- understanding and managing individual triggers
- understanding an asthma action plan
- asthma first aid and dealing with an asthma emergency
The COACH Program ®
Need a little more support to get your asthma under control? We can assign one of our Respiratory Health Educators as your coach for up to six months, with regular calls to keep you on track, when it’s convenient for you.
At the end of each call, your educator will send you a letter confirming what was discussed and the time for your next appointment. They will also send a copy of the letter to any health care professionals you nominate. All your information is confidential and will not be shared without your consent. You are free to withdraw from the program at any stage.
What are the benefits of the Coach program?
- personalised information tailored to your needs and lifestyle
- identifying any gaps in your treatment
- regular support with the same educator, who you can also ring between sessions if you need further information
- working with you to achieve good asthma control, which means fewer asthma symptoms
“funding for The COACH Program® is provided by the Australian Government Department of Health, thanks to the support of Asthma Australia”
Are you concerned about the effect of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on your respiratory condition, or that of someone you care for?
Call 1800 ASTHMA (1800 278 462) to speak to a Respiratory Health Nurse or Educator, who can help you with your respiratory condition, as well as provide support related to the COVID-19 pandemic.